Monday, January 28, 2008

What Kind of Princess Are You?

So, it's been a week since my last post. All I have to say is BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR. I love having those bonus days with the girls...holidays, snow days, summer vacation. However, I am not a big fan of the sick day. Kellen's congestion finally manifested itself into a virus, an ear infection and pink eye. AND she was nice enough to share the pink eye with Jenna.
I spent most of last week washing sheets, Clorox wiping everything, administering medication and dosing out the eye drops. Good times.
Now its Monday again and guess what? Kyle is sick with a cold. (OK, whispering now...he is a bigger baby than the girls when he is sick). So, for dinner tonight ~ chicken soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. I am feeling quite grumpy. I am tired of yucky sickness. *Sick boy just got home and immediately took his temperature. 100. Yay Sick!!
When I went to get Riley up from her nap this afternoon, I said "Ta Daaaah" when I opened her door. She is often a grouch when she wakes up (as is her mama) so I always try to be funny when I go to get her. So, in turn, she says to me, "Si-yee (silly) Mommy." So I said, "How's my little princess?" We talked (in two year old conversation style, mind you) while I changed her diaper. She said, "Not a pincess." So I asked her what kind of princess she would be if she were a real princess and she said, "Si-yee pincess!"
Well, if she is Silly Princess, then I am Grumpy Princess. That inspired me to ask Kellen and Jenna what kind of princesses they would be.
Kellen said that she would be a "Nice, thoughtful and generous princess." Guess what vocabulary words she learned at school today?
And, Jenna, God bless her. Jenna said, "Hmm, I don't think I would be a princess. I think I'll just be queen."
Ah, its good to be queen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deja Vu?

Kim said...

So sorry you've had a house full of sickness. Hope Kyle gets better fast and you can be happy {not grumpy}... sickness really does equal grumpiness!!

Alyson said...

Pink Eye!! Bless your heart!! Boys are always the biggest babies of them all... seriously I have never dated ANYONE who when sick didn't say something about how I couldn't compete with their mother!! On the Princess bit I think I am a Crazy Pauper... but you know I LOVE it!! Re: GG- I hadn't heard anything about it being cancelled. I'll look into it and get back to you :-) xoxo

10000 Smiley Faces said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anna said...

I second Laura.